CPT classes for DEC 2017 starting from 4.9.2017
What is CPT?
It is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course. It is an objective test of four subjects i.e. Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. It is conducted twice a year in June and Decemebr
Who is eligible?
1. A student who has passed the Class 10 examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India(or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto) may register for Common Proficiency Test.
2. A registered student may appear in Common Proficiency Test after he has appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination* (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law inIndia(or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto) and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time.
3. A student who has got himself registered for Common Proficiency Test 60 days prior to the first day of the month in which CPT examination is to be held i.e. on or before 1st April and 1st October, can appear in the CPT examination to be held in June and December respectively. Common Proficiency Test examinations are held in June & December every year
CPT Exam format:
Common Proficiency Test
There are 2 sessions in CA CPT Exam with a short break in between
2. The question paper pattern for CPT is the MCQs(multiple choice questions) type. Each question will have four choices and, carries one mark. The correct answer will give the student 1 mark and the wrong answer will mean losing 0.25 negative marks.
3. For every question, students should mark the correct option by darkening the circle alongside the option, unless and until instructed otherwise.
4. The original test paper along with the OMR sheet should be submitted before leaving the examination hall.
5. A minimum of 50% in the aggregate is mandatory to pass the CPT test. The qualifying percentage for each subject is 30%. It is compulsory for the candidate to attempt both the sessions of the CPT test.
1. Students after passing CPT and Senior Secondary (10+2) examination, conducted by an examining body can join for next level of Chartered Accountancy Course.
2. The Chartered Accountancy Course consists of further two levels: I. Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course II. Final Course
3. Students before appearing for the first time in Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Examination have to undergo eight months study course.
4. Students may successfully complete Orientation Programme and Information Technology Training (ITT) either before appearing for the Intermediate (IPC) Examination or necessarily required to complete both before joining for articled training.
5. CPT route student can commence 3 years article training only after passing Group I or Both Groups of Intermediate (IPC) Examination.
For more information Click ->icai.org
Time Table for IPCC Nov 2017:
1. IPCC is conducted twice a year in the month of may and November. Students have the option of appearing for one group at a time or both
2. A student is said to have passed both the groups together if he secures “a minimum of 40 marks in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all the papers of both the groups put together”
3. A student is said to have passed one of the groups if he secures “a minimum of 40 marks in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all the papers of that group”.
CA final classes for Nov 2017 exams in progress.